Re: Counterweight Shaft Travel Storage

fernandorivera3

A long time ago, way back when traveling to star parties & favorite dark sky sites was a normal routine <clearly prior to being locked up & boarded up thanks to the pandemic> I used a metallic tool box [obviously must be long enough to allow the counterweight shaft to fit inside]. I put my couple of weights on the bottom of the toolbox. Then a thick towel above the stainless steel weights. Finally the shaft rests on top.
So that's how I would do it if taking my 1200 GTO (instead of one of my dobs) far away for a few days of viewing. It is a heavy lift if picking up the toolbox loaded up, around 70 pounds or so 😳

Fernando