Re: APCC pro refraction modeling for nomad setup #APCC #Mach2GTO

Ray Gralak

Hi Andrea,

> From what I have understood, APCC can take into account refraction when using a model.

> I wonder if it is possible to create a "transparent model", whose only effect would be to

> calculate refraction based on latitude, temp, humidity and celestial coordinates.

Yes, you can do that, but it would not take long to create a small model. If you have a model from a previous night that may no longer be valid, you can uncheck all of the pointing terms except the refraction checkbox, like in this screenshot, which shows a tracking rate correction for refraction only:

That said, you would get more accurate tracking with a model. The model will compensate for polar alignment error, flexure, and orthogonality errors. Typically APPM can run through 2-3 points per minute which would allow you to create a 60 point model in less than 30 minutes.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andrea Lucchetti

> Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 3:25 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: [ap-gto] APCC pro refraction modeling for nomad setup #APCC #Mach2GTO

>

> Hi,

> I have a Mach2.

> From what I have understood, APCC can take into account refraction when using a model.

> I wonder if it is possible to create a "transparent model", whose only effect would be to calculate refraction based

> on latitude, temp, humidity and celestial coordinates.

>

> I have a nomad set up and prefer not to invest time in running a model, at least during summer when the night is

> very short .

> Thank you

> Andrea

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.