Re: Strange guiding errors with AP1200

Roland Christen

Ok, great!

From: Allen Gilchrist via groups.io <gilchrist.allen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 11, 2021 9:40 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Strange guiding errors with AP1200

Rolando,
I think the gear cleaning and lubrication did the trick.  I figured out how to analyze the PHD2 guiding log.  The plot below shows that the cyclical spikes are gone.  The scales here are different from those posted earlier in this thread.  The earlier guiding data was based on 10 second guide exposures with the guider binned 1x1 while conditions were poorer for the more recent set of measurements based on 10 second guide exposures with the camera binned 2x2.  In any case, the periodic spikes are gone.