Re: Astro-Physics Cap

Jeff B

👍👌

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 9:58 AM David Johnson <dajohns37@...> wrote:
We bought that property partly because of the dark skies, but I learned from this that dark skies are just part of the equation.  It’s pretty hilly down there, at least for Ohio, and it’s hard to find a good clear spot for a setup without dragging a bunch of equipment up a ridge by hand.  Even on top of the ridges, there are a lot of trees.  However, the good news is that our new residence has reasonably dark skies and we enjoy that property for a lot of other activities, so it worked out fine.  I do some limited imaging with my more portable equipment down there, and I’ll probably do more when I retire, which will happen very soon.

Beautiful country, though.  In mid-April, the redbuds and the wildflowers are spectacular.