Tracking Graph Diagnosos

M Hambrick

I ran an unguided tracking graph on my 1100GTO (non-AE) mount for about 12 minutes last night to see how much drift I am getting. I am assuming that the drift in each axis is due to the polar alignment being off, but is this amount of drift considered to be too much ? The scale isĀ + 20 arc sec, so I estimate about 1 arc second per minute drift in both RA and Dec.

Note that I have a portable setup and use only the RAPAS to polar align. If this amount of drift is too high, then I probably need to check my RAPAS to make sure it is still aligned.

Mike