Re: Losing Communications with the Mount

Roland Christen

It makes a difference which version of software is in that mount. The version number was not mentioned.

From: Christopher Erickson <christopher.k.erickson@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2021 6:50 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Losing Communications with the Mount

Sounds like you really have it narrowed down to the CP4 firmware running in your controller.

Work close with AP and I am confident they will get it resolved for you.

Certain kinds of broadcast storms are known to disrupt LAN communications with certain ARM processors via comm buffer overflows, depending on the status of a multitude of various internal variables.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Thu, May 6, 2021, 12:33 PM alex <groups@...> wrote:
Oh, I forgot mention that I also tried using the mount's WiFi connection as well, and it also had similar issues, so the ethernet connection doesn't seem to be at fault.

Alex