Re: Spikes in Dec

Seb@stro

Hi Brian,

For the DEC, yes, you recalled right, Lowpass2. For RA, I have Hysterersis selected. 

I see there's also the possibility to select lowpass2 for RA, but I believe I read somewhere not to use it for that axis (possibly in the PHD2 manual). Anyway, I didn't seem to have any guiding problems in RA, so I'd leave it there for now.

Just looking around at other settings, I realize that I have the "Use DEC compensation" checked in the Guiding tab,  Calibration section. Help file says that it usually should stay checked unless in "unsual" cases, like when a mount's controller would apply a compensation automatically. Should I assume that a mount with abs encoders correspond to that definition and uncheck the box? Do you think, this could explain the issue reported by Howard/Roland ?

I realize this is more a question for the PHD forum, (sorry about that) but I thought it could be of general interest here as well if you have the answer at hand.

Sébastien

De : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> de la part de Brian Valente <bvalente@...>
Envoyé : 6 mai 2021 17:01
À : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Objet : Re: [ap-gto] Spikes in Dec

Seb i seem to recall you using lowpass2 in PHD which is the correct algorithm for high res encoders

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.