Re: 1100GTO PEC question

Roland Christen

When you disconnect the worm gear, you are not changing the worm position in the gearbox. So, no problem. PE curve will stay synchronized to the worm angle. You can move the main worm wheel around to any position that you like and engage the worm gear in that new position. It does not affect the PE curve.

From: Pete Mumbower <pmumbower@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, May 5, 2021 9:17 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] 1100GTO PEC question

HI everyone,

Quick newbie question about the PEC on my new 1100GTO mount. If I use the lever to quickly disengage the RA/DEC for balancing the mount, does that effect the PEC at all? I tried to disengaged and reengaged both axis on the hash marks, but does the PEC know where the the worm is in relation to the worm wheel or does that not really matter a whole lot on these precision mounts?

Thanks!
Pete