Motor Box Removal — AP1100 AE-L

John Stiner

My grease kit arrived from AP and I have been reviewing the instructions. With regard to removal of the motor boxes, my encoder mount has a small attachment (aluminum cover) on the bottom of each motor box that has a cable running to the read head for the encoders. I am not above screwing things up so before I engage in my usual damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead routine, I wanted to pause and see if this aluminum attachment may safely be removed by removing the screws that attach it to the motor box. Otherwise, after removal of the motor box, it would still be attached to the mount via the cable that runs to the read head. If not, is there another way to remove the motor box? My apologies if this has been covered in a previous post but I couldn’t locate one.