From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ray Gralak
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 6:10 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Losing Communications with the Mount

Hi Alex,

Today I started playing with APCC and started to define the horizon,
and it happened again. APCC displays NO RESPONSE FROM MOUNT in the
telescope position section. I also get no response if I try to
connect to the mount via a browser. Pinging the mount’s IP address also fails. I can only get communications with the mount if I power cycle it, at which point APCC re-establishes communications.
If the mount won't ping, there could be a network or power issue.

Are you directly connecting the computer to the mount? Or, is it going through a network router/switch/hub?

Try replacing the network cable(s) and any hub/switch.

Also, try raising the timeout value slightly in APCC. You should not need to go over 300 msecs for most requests. The mount will respond to most requests very quickly, but depending on the performance of your computer, the responses might not make it back through the network protocol stack to APCC before a timeout occurs.

Lastly, try switching the network protocol type. In APCC, if you are using UDP, try TCP instead, or vice versa.

-Ray