moderated Re: Newbie question re: APPM

Ray Gralak

Eric,

Thank you for your opinion, but I don't see things the way you do.

All APCC needs to do is send the mount's current flip point through SGPro's API. That is literally APCC's only involvement in this discussion. To do that, I do not need to be familiar with SGPro settings.

I know East-side counterweight-up has worked with SGPro with APCC's meridian delay because users have reported they have done this. But, does every version of SGPro work correctly? I don't know. Again you will have to ask the SGPro developers. All APCC does is send the meridian flip point to SGPro. This value is always displayed in APCC, and I am sure it is working correctly in the latest public APCC builds. I believe the meridian flip point value can be viewed somewhere in SGPro as well, so there should be a way to confirm the value matches what APCC has set.

Ray, I DID ask them. They DID NOT provide any clarification, and I DID read the instructions! There is
NOTHING in the SGP manual or help file regarding this issue or I wouldn't be spending time typing this reply to
a reply to a reply.
Eric, this is a user group. You are not guaranteed to get an "official" answer here, although you may. I couldn't answer your question about SGPro settings, so I directed you to contact the SGPro developers. I'm sorry that you are not getting a helpful response from them, but that is not my fault.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric Weiner
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 4:12 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Newbie question re: APPM

Ok... If I didn't know better I would think this was double talk, but I'm sure this must be a miscommunication.
Here is the problem I'm having Ray:

1. A few weeks ago you and I had a discussion in this forum about APCC compatibility with SGP when the
"CW Up Slews within the East Limits" was enabled with SGP. You said you didn't know what the best meridian
settings were for SGP for it to work safely.

2. Today you said we should ignore the warning APCC throws when you enable the CW Up within the East
Limits option, and that it is compatible with SGP, but you provided no further insight (Roland said today he
would never use an automation program when CW start or finish up).

3. When I asked, again, what the best SGP settings are regarding meridian behavior (flip, don't flip, delays,
APCC reporting to SGP, etc) when CW Up within the East Limits in enabled you told me I must not understand
A-P meridian delay reporting (and your sycophant agreed without providing his expert insight). Ok, fine, but no
follow-on explanation was given.

4. When I asked for clarification and quoted what you said a few weeks ago you only replied by saying you
don't use SGP often and that I should ask the SGP developers or consult the SGP instructions... A CIRCULAR
ARGUMENT!

Ray, I DID ask them. They DID NOT provide any clarification, and I DID read the instructions! There is
NOTHING in the SGP manual or help file regarding this issue or I wouldn't be spending time typing this reply to
a reply to a reply.

I am NOT trying to be difficult. I am simply trying to get an answer to what I honestly thought was a simple
question. Can you please private message me with your phone number so we can discuss this over the phone
to avoid further miscommunications? Else, please explain how one sets the APCC meridian delay to play nice
with SGP when a meridian flip will not occur because we're starting with CW up and the scope pointing East.

Thanks,
Eric

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.