Re: 1200GTO servicing project notes

Dale Ghent

Well, yes of course you don't need to change something if it's working fine :)

In my case there was substantial drag on the axis when releasing the clutches and moving the axes. This was because the plugs had been pushed in too hard and for too long by overtightened clutch knobs. It wasn't all that much of a surprise given the mount's age and how many people have used it over the yea.

Fixing it was cheap and easy and the screw extractors make it so that you don't need to buy a tool from A-P or grind down your own using a flat-bladed screwdriver. I'm honestly amazed that this particular topic has garnered so much bike-shedding.

On Apr 22, 2021, at 15:19, Don Anderson via groups.io <jockey_ca=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

About a year ago the topic of changing clutch plugs came up. I have an AP900GOTO CP3 2008 model so I asked George about whether one should change the plugs on spec. He said if they are working fine never change them.

Don Anderson

On Thursday, April 22, 2021, 11:58:12 a.m. MDT, fernandorivera3 via groups.io <fernandorivera3=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dale thanks for commenting. I have a 1200 GTO that I bought brand new from AP in July 2009. No problems yet with delrin clutch plugs getting stuck or seized & hoping it stays that way 🤞

Fernando