Re: 1200GTO servicing project notes

M Hambrick

I expect that both the Ryobi and Harbor Freight extractors both come from China, but there are degrees of badness. Since they are a well known brand, I expect that the Ryobi extractors are held to a higher standard than the ones from Harbor Freight.

As a policy I don't trust anything from China, but especially anything that requires reliable metallurgy like drills, taps, and screw extractors. All of these cutting tools have to ride knife edge between hardness and brittleness. American made cutting tools can still be had from companies like Morse, Union / Butterfield, Niagara, and Cleveland Twist Drill, but you are going to pay a lot more for them.

Mike