Re: Strange behavior with Mach 2 and MaximDL auto pier flip #ASCOM_V2_Driver #Mach2GTO #Guiding

Roland Christen

The Mach2 doesn't drift after pier flip, however it would not hurt to try this.

My version of Maxim6 is buggy in several ways also and at times it won't automatically change the pier side (sometimes it does, sometimes not). It also won't always connect to the mount properly if another application like SkyX connected first. Sometimes the only way I can get it to work is to shut it down and re-open. The bug file is useless, doesn't tell what the error is. I should probably get a new version and quit screwing around with this one.

From: jaddbd <jad@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Apr 21, 2021 3:09 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Strange behavior with Mach 2 and MaximDL auto pier flip #ASCOM_V2_Driver #Mach2GTO #Guiding

Try the adaptive check box under the guiding/advanced, pier flip.  This fixed it for me.  When it flips, it will sometimes drift out for 20 arcsecs or so, then figures out that it is going the wrong way and corrects back.  It's then good to go for the rest of session on that side of the pier.

John D