Re: Powering Remote Imaging Systems

Steve Reilly

So now that I’m really looking at these I see that some models have secondary HD capability via M.2 which others don’t. So how are you handling image storage on these, external drives? When I called I was gently nudge at the HX500 which has up to the i9 CPU as the ML340G-51 is soon to be discontinued, I think they said end of life cycle. I do think this is the way to remote image and the fact that the AP mounts are so reliable and these units have 2 LAN ports makes it far easier to run the system without the dirty issues of a desktop. The attached is the before image and after is so much better…….

-Steve

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Valente
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:44 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Powering Remote Imaging Systems

+1 for OnLogic

we have had zero problems so far with it at remote obs, can't report the same for many other components ;)

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 5:30 AM Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

I use units from OnLogic, specifically the ML100G-51 model. They have a variety of system in industrial and rugged designs. I would keep to i3 or better systems. Celerons, especially N-series Celeron CPUs, don't really have the core count or clock speed when it comes to Windows. OnLogic systems are made in the US, and support is out of the US as well.

In the US and UK, there is SimplyNUC and their Porcoolpine line of passively-cooled units, but a recent update saw an emphasis on Thunderbolt instead of classic USB ports. They're still fine if you need only 1 or 2 USB connections to the box (ie, you have a USB hub).

There are of course a lot of options on Amazon and AliExpress, such as the Kingdel units that Luca mentions, as well as ones from Topton.

--

Brian

Brian Valente