Re: More APPM Results -- Can Someone Help Me Understand This?

mjb87@...

Thanks, Ray. I'll look into UCAC4. I will also reconfirm that the mount is well balanced, check orthogonality and reconfirm clutches are tight. (They appeared to be tight last night.)  I'm also getting a mono camera with larger pixels (5.86 vs. 3.8) which should make things slightly easier and more straightforward when setting pixel size. Next clear night I'll run some tests, if I can get solutions, on 1x1 binning to see what APPM reports as image scale.

BTW, one of the great features of APPM is the ability to a file of saved failed images from the comfort of home the next day. It allows me to tweak settings for maximum probability of getting solutions. Very nice.

Marty