Re: Thanks to AP stuff

Roland Christen

yellow diode raised - motor stall although telescope was precisely balanced
Yes, all this will happen if the motor encoder is disconnected and not working. If new cable fixes this, then that is where the fault is located. If it does not fix the problem, then the motor must be repaired.

From: Jan Soldan <astrosoft@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Apr 20, 2021 2:55 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Thanks to AP stuff

Unfortunately, I didn't use my mount mostly two years... due to our movement to a new house and building my new observatory.
Than, I found that keypad's cable black plastic tube completely fell apart, so I bought a new one. When I tried mount two weeks
ago after so long time, it worked as I already described and also yellow diode raised - motor stall although telescope was precisely balanced in both axis. Have to say, that mount was at home all the time when not used.

I also bought a new Y cable, so I will try a new setup probably tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you,
Jan