Re: AP1100 park position question

Dale Ghent

Park positions 1, 4, or 5 will orient the mount as you wish. Positions 4 or 5 are the suggested park positions and put the telescope on the east side of the pier. Park 1 will put the telescope on the west side. The direction that the telescope points in these positions depends on which hemisphere you are in.

Review this document for the details:
https://www.astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/park-positions-defined.pdf

On Apr 20, 2021, at 12:54, Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@brightfeathers.com> wrote:

I am sure this question is straightforward and I have read it in the manual but I must ask for clarification about stability.

I am considering putting my AP1100 in an observatory. To reduce the height of a potential ROR observatory, is it possible to "stably", stable being the key word, park with CW horizontal and the OTA either on east or west side of the pier?

This will be the normal park resting place always, hence the request for confirmation and stability.

This decision will make a large difference for me in my choices.

Thanks,

Shailesh