Re: APPM Image Scale Question and Suggestions

Ray Gralak

Hi Marcelo,

Ray wrote:
2x2 binning of 0.26 arc-secs/pixel should be 0.52 arc-secs/pixel, not 1.0 arc-secs/pixel.

However, since this is a color camera, if each group of 4-pixels is considered 1 pixel, then you should enter
0.52 arc-secs/pixel in APPM for the X and Y image scale values.
Marcello wrote:
I assume that the same principles apply for the ASI294MM camera, whose default mode is 2x2 binning, right?
What I posted above was just a theory. The ASI294MM, which is monochrome, recently received a firmware upgrade to "unlock" the higher resolution (natively unbinned). So, it may be that in the color camera (ASI294MC), each "logical pixel" consists of four color-filtered native pixels. So, pixel-scale may depend on the camera modes defined by the sensor and implemented by the camera manufacturer.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2021 10:03 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM Image Scale Question and Suggestions

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 05:31 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:

2x2 binning of 0.26 arc-secs/pixel should be 0.52 arc-secs/pixel, not 1.0 arc-secs/pixel.

However, since this is a color camera, if each group of 4-pixels is considered 1 pixel, then you should enter
0.52 arc-secs/pixel in APPM for the X and Y image scale values.

I assume that the same principles apply for the ASI294MM camera, whose default mode is 2x2 binning, right?

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.