bugs in my 1200!

Steven Panish

I think this is a George or Howard question, but any knowlegable input is welcome.

After removing the saddle from my 1200, I saw that the unused perimeter screw holes in th dec head had been stuffed with mud, likely by a mud dauber or similar wasp enthralled by such a nice nursery site.  I used a small screwdriver to break out the dried mud, and then vacuumed the holes, but for sure some of the dirt went inside the head, and the threads are still clogged and more dirt will be broken loose when I use those holes.  Is that area inside the head sensitive to the dirt?  Should I remove the cap screws and pull the housing to clean it, or is further cleaning unnecessary?

I guess the bird poop question can go to another group....

thanks,

Steve