Re: #Mach2GTO #APCC #Absolute_Encoders #APCC #Absolute_Encoders #Mach2GTO

John Upton

Rolando & Ray,

   Thank you both for the details and deep dive into how this works. I appreciated the depth of the information.

   Now that Rolando mentions that the tracking is not turned off when Home Position is found, I recall that I also observed that and had left out a step in my procedure in the initial post here. Immediately after the Home Position had been found, I had to Toggle Tracking off before querying the mount's position. I had not considered the slight offset that happens when the motors are de-energized following a Park command compared to just stopping the tracking after finding Home.

   Your explanations tied all of that together nicely.

John