Re: Newbie needs APPM software advice #APCC

Mike Dodd

On 4/16/2021 9:53 PM, KHursh via groups.io wrote:
It's part of APCC Pro. You can read about it in the manual.
Thanks (and Bryan too). I have the manual, and I will check it out.

It allows
APCC to map the sky for the purpose of tracking and pointing to such a
high degree of accuracy that one shouldn't need to guide at moderate
focal lengths and reasonable subframe length.
That's specifically why I'm considering APCC Pro. I have a 130mm f/7 OTA, and typically take 10-minute subs. My guiding usually runs around 0.5 arcsec RMS error, but I wouldn't mind if it were better.

--- Mike