Re: AP1200 wont slew correctly

richard payne

Battery in Pendant is dead

On Apr 15, 2021, at 5:05 PM, Luke Dodd <lkdodd@...> wrote:

Hi

I have returned to astrophotography after a 10 year break and dragged out my AP1200. Its running the GTOCP3 version. Problem I am having is the mount wont slew to objects correctly.

For example I synch on sirius and when I do a Goto command to M42 the keypad states object 30 degrees below horizon?

If I synch on Canopus it wont slew to Eta Carinae, it slews but the the scope is pointing about 20 Degrees off?

Even after I have refreshed the lat/long and time zone, coordinates of objects seems way off.

Do i have corrupted database? any help appreciated.

regards Luke