COM Errors w/APCC

Steve Reilly

I looked at APCC while running remotely at SRO this morning and saw 93 COM errors. While the system is imaging successfully these errors are concerning. I have had many errors over the past few months and have had the CAT5e cable replaced, power cycled the switch, replaced the switch, and the behavior continues. I’m used to having COM errors when it 1st starts and have delays in the startup script to try to minimize the errors but these are going on throughout the night and aren’t just startup issues. At this point I’m not sure what needs to be done. I use TCP LAN as the primary connection and COM3 as my backup. In the time since starting this message  and after clearing those errors I already have an additional 7 COM errors. APCC just switched from TCP to COM 3 while looking at the log file for this morning. The log files can be found here. This is an up to date CP4 on an AP3600GTO as well as ASCOM driver and APCC Pro being up to date.

Any suggestions would be very welcomed.

-Steve