Re: Mach2 thru-mount USB when using USB 3.0 ? (and an M51)

Jeffc

Thx everyone for the suggestions.   I've ordered a handful of super short USB-3 Male A -> Male A cables for testing.
I do feel the mount -> computer cable is a bit long.   It might be 10 feet (which is the shortest I had on hand).
(Fwiw, i'm also using USB for the Computer -> CP5 connection... on a separate port on the computer.)

I've resisted the Pegasus powerbox, but it might be time to upgrade the Dew Buster anyhow... sure would be convenient to have remote control for the dew heater.
Right now, I feel like the UltimatePB v2 is overkill, but it seems the Advance does not have a "managed" USB hub.  Plus, i could use the power (current) monitoring on a per port basis, especially when there are dew heaters involved.
The Eagle seems super clean, and flexible, but I'm just not ready to spend the $$ there.

If anyone knows of a good-bang-for-the-buck USB powered hub for the Computer -> Mount path let me know.  (Preferably fetchable from amazon.)

E.g.  Dominique - what is the "HUB USB3" box in your schematic?   Is that basically the Active 16 meter cable?

-jeff

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 8:06 AM Dominique <d.h.durand@...> wrote:
Hi Jeffc,
I have a complex installation (see the diagram in PJ) and I have no problem with my QHY294C and QHY294M-Pro, even for the 47M mode flats of the QHY294M-pro. It is useful to put a Hub-USB3 powered at the output of the Mach2 before an active extension cable. I only have a bit rate problem with a QHY5III224c because with the Altair GPCAM3 224C at 154fps no problem either.
I think that the duration of the exposures should be limited to 180s with this type of camera and in particular without Ha filter.
Dominique