Re: APPM model how many points portable?

Worsel

My experience is that points that fail are near the edge of my horizon limits anyway...where I am unlikely to image.  I reduced the time limit on plate solves to about 20% greater than the solve time for most points.  This results in less time lost for points that may fail anyway and still produces an overall robust model with 200 points in about one hour.

A variation would be to reduce the the horizons for platesolving in APPM.

Finally, build a model ONLY for that portion of the sky you plan to image.  This has been discussed before.  Ray has improvements for this approach in the future.

Bryan