Re: Mach2 thru-mount USB when using USB 3.0 ? (and an M51)

Terri Zittritsch

Use a usb repeater just before the mach2, will clean things up once and for all.    You’re cables are not the issue, and doubtful it’s the hub.   I use a $15 hub throughout the Vermont winter.    I have an 8” usb a to a cable on the mount and then a usb repeater cable which is spec’d to drive another 15’ thought the mount side (better than std usb3 which is only 3M) but it’s not the length but the added connections which cause issue here.  I did a bunch of testing early on with lots of configurations and cables.  The run through the mount was the issue on mount 14.