Re: About APCC and ISS tracking and PC Time

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Are any of these using the 1 PPS feature of GPS for better accuracy than the serial data stream?   

I’m not sure there is a practical difference but they all seemed to not have it, not sure if that’s a windows/USB thing, or just that they are a bit behind, or if there’s something expensive about it so it doesn’t show up in these products?

I went to buy one and felt like I was getting a CFL light bulb instead of LED – not awful, just not current.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of drgert1 via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 4:31 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] About APCC and ISS tracking and PC Time

@Dale & All,

The app came for free with the GPS dongle. Not very sophisticated. Thus probably missing out on DST. I asked NMEATime2 about preferences of COM over USB vs BT. BT seems to be deprecated. More interesting the 2sec gap between Win10 clock and GPS. I had used the sync with network in the MSFT clock settings popup just 5min prior. Alas I probably hadn't let the GPS soak for  long enough. Will try again.

Ping for Ray : Any ideas about hand controller / joystick override for the ISS tracking ?

Cheers,
Gert

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.