From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of vk3cjk
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 6:34 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Power cable conductor gage (AWG) of

Knowing the wire gauge will enable the minimum voltage drop at a certain current to be calculated but it will not take the extra resistance of any poor connections into account.  It's always best to do an end to end test under load.

Cheers, Chris

On Fri, 9 Apr. 2021, 22:59 Seb@stro, <sebastiendore1@...> wrote:

Hello Dale,

Not exactly. Voltage drop is also function of current flowing through the conductor (which I can get from the PPBA) and wire characteristics (mainly gauge ie. cross-section area and length at DC).

To be valid, the experimental method you describe would require to be done under load and would require me to make some kind of adapters to hookup the Multimeter at both ends while every component is consuming its average current.

I could do that but I’m lazy and I figured it was quicker to ask for the wire gauge and do the Math to calculate theoretical voltage drop.

CS!