Re: Power cable conductor gage (AWG) of

Seb@stro

Hello Dale,

Not exactly. Voltage drop is also function of current flowing through the conductor (which I can get from the PPBA) and wire characteristics (mainly gauge ie. cross-section area and length at DC).

To be valid, the experimental method you describe would require to be done under load and would require me to make some kind of adapters to hookup the Multimeter at both ends while every component is consuming its average current.

I could do that but I’m lazy and I figured it was quicker to ask for the wire gauge and do the Math to calculate theoretical voltage drop.

CS!