Re: Power cable conductor gage (AWG) of

Dale Ghent

You can just measure the output of the psu with a multimeter, then hook the psu up to the mount and measure the voltage again at the output on the dec axis. The difference is your voltage drop.

On Apr 8, 2021, at 22:26, Seb@stro <sebastiendore1@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation, Liam! Right, these Powerpoles are very versatile indeed.

While I’m at it, I’m also going to make another cable extension to power the Pegasus PB Advance (which in turn powers everything else) piggybacked on the OTA using through-the-mount cabling.

I read in the manual a recommendation to use 14 or 16 gauge wires for that purpose so should I assume the internal cable is 14 AWG ? That would help calculate the voltage drop along the whole cable from battery to PPBA and size the extension accordingly...

Sébastien