Re: Mach2 Slew Speed, Power, and Voltage Question #Mach2GTO

Roland Christen

I have a trickle charger on mine and as long as the CP4 is drawing power, the voltage does not rise much above 24 volts. Perhaps a high current charger will produce a higher voltage because the mount is not using that much current. I also am monitoring the voltage and power with an in-line meter while the mount is running.

From: Greg McCall <emailgregnow@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Apr 7, 2021 3:55 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 Slew Speed, Power, and Voltage Question #Mach2GTO

Rolando,
You don't charge a 24v battery at 24v.
Just checking one battery spec at https://enerdrive.com.au/product/epower-b-tec-24v-100ah-lithium-battery/
It can be 28.8v-29.2v for charging and 27-27.6v as a float voltage
(that's for a lithium battery, specifically, LiFePO4 often used in astro setups, camping, RV industry)
24v is a nominal voltage with the operating range being 22v to 29v
While I've not been given a specification for the allowed voltages, the discussion so far has indicated these voltages are not suitable for the Mach2

Contrary to what has been said in this message thread (and a similar thread), are saying I can use a 24v battery on the Mach2 while charging?
I just see no specification and now mixed messages.