Re: A Question Regarding an AP900 Mount

Kenneth Tan

I think the issue is with the asi air.  I have experienced the same problem where it fails to move with a goto command from the asi air app. I either try multiple times or move it with the hand controller a little bit and then click the goto on the app again and it moves properly .

I was wondering if it is some delay from the wireless connection from the ipad to the asi air. Also possible is the cable/ wifi problem from mount to asi air. I cannot be sure which.
By the way I am running the AP Mach2 ae with gtocp5 . I had to use gtocp2 settings on the app for It to work. Therefore, my problem may have a different etiology

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 00:02, <marsh.family@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone

I'm looking for some insight.  Last night while using my AP900 mount, my software was sending the mount to a location in the sky and I could hear the dec axis motor but there was no movement of the dec axis.

When I tried to manually slew the mount via hand controller, it moved ok.  And later did slew to other locations.

I am using the ASIair pro system to control the mount

When I grasp the dec axis and try to move it, it seems to be solid with no backlash.

Any insight into what may have happened to the dec axis not moving?

Thanks,

Chris