Re: APCC / APPM Frustration

Bill Long

If the create button is there, click it. It should create a virtual port. Then use the APCC button to configure the V2 driver, then connect it. Does it work now?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of mjb87 via groups.io <mjb87@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 7:46 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC / APPM Frustration

Thanks, Ray.  Some follow-up questions

1. You say define and create the virtual ports.  I have the "create virtual ports first" box checked and the ports are there so I don't know what else needs to be done.  And are the define and create two separate steps?  I only see a "create" choice on the virtual ports tab. I have always checked the "Create virtual ports first" box.

2. I did try clicking the define "now" button, several times. It just reported that the driver was defined -- there were no windows to approve. And I still got the same error starting APPM.

3. The three boxes you say should be checked are exactly the ones that were checked when I started.

What I don't understand is why the system says I need to create the virtual ports when they HAVE been created. I repeatedly restarted the computer and ONLY started up APCC -- no other applications -- and I still had the challenge.

Marty