Re: APCC / APPM Frustration

Ray Gralak

Hi Marty,

You are probably overcomplicating things. There is an option to auto-configure the driver in APCC. There is also a button in APCC to do a one-time configuration of the ASCOM driver.

To simplify things, always start APCC first and connect to the mount, then connect your other applications.

Now, to fix your problem:

1. With just APCC connected to the mount (no AP V2 ASCOM driver), define Virtual ports 1 and 2 and connect to them on the Virtual Ports tab.

2. Click the tiny "Now" button in APCC's "AP V2 Driver" Group box. This will configure the AP V2 ASCOM driver. There will be several pop-up windows to which you will need to click "OK". Afterwards the AP V2 driver will be configured correctly.

3. For future sessions enable the three checkboxes in this screen shot:

After doing this the driver and APCC will be configured correctly for use with APPM.

-Ray