Re: Quick Release Gearbox Modification for Older 3600GTO?

Karsten Schindler

3600GTO user here. We used to balance our scope by motor current measurements, which seemed a little bit more objective than doing it manually - the remaining friction with all clutches fully open is very large. But one day, when we eventually disengaged the gears to regrease them, it became immediately evident that our balancing was actually not that good as we thought. However, I think the 3600GTO is so beefy that it easily tolerates some imperfect balancing... Disengaging the gears is definitely the way to go for best balancing results but remeshing the gears is pretty tedious. Would very much love to see a quick release gearbox upgrade for the 3600GTO to make balancing a lot easier!

On a side note - the GTOCP4 controller should allow direct motor current measurements internally. Is there a way to read motor current values over the terminal? This could be a nice, free and in-situ tool to help balancing mounts with high friction clutches.

Best,
Karsten