Re: GPS suggestion that work well with APCC #APCC

Woody Schlom

Eric,

Yes, StarGPS does have specific instructions for AP mounts.  Here’s the link:

https://www.stargps.ca/manual.htm#astro

I forgot that another suggestion they make is to switch to UTC for your HC.  And I indeed set most of my mounts to 00 offset – or UTC.

Woody

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Woody Schlom
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2021 10:38 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] GPS suggestion that work well with APCC #APCC

Eric,

It’s been a long time since I’ve used my Mach1.  But as I recall, there’s a setting in the HC that tells it where to look for time/date/location data.  It can be set to look to the HC for that data, or externally – in your computer for example.  You need to set it to look externally for time/date/location data.

I think there are maybe three settings.  The one you want looks externally and waits.  And when it gets the data, puts it in the controller and/or HC.

As I recall, there’s a flashing light on the side of the StarGPS.  It flashes at different rates to let you know what it’s doing.  One rate tells you it’s looking for a fix.  Another rate tells you it’s got a fix.  And as I recall, there’s a third blink or something that tells you it’s successfully passed the data onto your mount.

I believe you’ll find much or all this information on StarGPS’s website.  They have specific instructions for each mount.  And I believe all AP mounts work the same way in this regard.  And some of this might even be in the AP Mach1/2 manual.

Again, I haven’t used my Mach1 in years and just don’t remember.  And I’m up in the mountains in our trailer now and don’t have access to my notebook.

Woody

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric Weiner
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2021 10:23 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] GPS suggestion that work well with APCC #APCC

It was easy to find. Thanks. Oh, I’ve already fired off a question to them asking about compatibility with the CP5.  By the way, what does “set your controller properly” mean, exactly?

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.