Re: Pointing Model for Unguided Imaging on a C11" EdgeHD (with primary mirror locked)

Hi Bruce

we do only unguided on our 1600ae with CDK17 at ~3000mm focal length/ 0.63" image scale. For us the model is essential to do unguiding.

We regularly do 300sec exposures unguided. Our planewave is a truss design, so i think there's a bit of movement in there that prevents us from exceptional results.

i think we are going to add Roland's 'bump guiding' technique as we are now upgrading to a bigger telescope

Even if we were guiding, i would still add the model to make tracking more accurate.

Brian

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 8:50 AM Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@...> wrote:
Thank you all for the feedback.  I am doing OAG now and can easily get good tracking and round stars up to 5 minutes but the guiding can be finicky at times.  So, it is a thought to try but I will think about it further.  I realize the mirror is not really locked but it appears good enough to make a huge difference.  And I agree it is probably scope-dependent to a degree as to how well it will work.

Thx again - I appreciate everyone's opinions and suggestions

--
Brian

Brian Valente