Re: Pointing Model for Unguided Imaging on a C11" EdgeHD (with primary mirror locked)

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi,

yes, I would start with a three stripe Modell around the target.

Grüsse

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 02.04.2021 um 12:08 schrieb Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@...>:

I am once again re-thinking if it makes sense to attempt unguided imaging on my C11" EdgeHD where I have now locked down my primary mirror and upgraded to the Optec FastFocus system where focusing is done solely using the secondary mirror.  This should eliminate the major mirror flop/shift issues due to moving the primary mirror.  My scope is on an AP1100 in a permanent observatory but I do not have encoders.  I use a ZWO ASI2600MM Pro camera (APS-C sensor) and usually use the 0.7x focal reducer.  The question is:  Is it even worth the effort to try building a model to go unguided imaging or is a refractor still the way to go?  Guiding works ok but it can be finicky at times.