Re: Mach2 Slew Speed, Power, and Voltage Question #Mach2GTO

Seb@stro

John,

I am where I want to be. I am using a NUC10 system with an i7 six core processor. I spec'ed it that way for several reasons.

Of course, only you know your requirements.  With such a beast, I suppose you can Live Stack, watch a 4K/60fps movie and play GTA-V while you do planetary imaging... (Does it make coffee ? kidding 😉). To me, apart from low power, size and weight were also a main consideration as it'll be piggybacked on an EdgeHD 8 + small refractor riding the Mach2.

FWIW, the NEO comes with 8GB DDR4 2400MHz (upgradable to 16) and a Quad-core CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz (turbo up to 2.8), 240GB SATA SSD and only cost around $300. But I haven't tried it in the field yet, so real world power consumption is TBD.

Nice battery box BTW.

I am a bit surprised no one from AP answered your original question yet (max slew speed vs input voltage threshold). That would interest me as well. For now anyway, I'll stick with 12V all around as I don't need the ultrafast slewing.

Sébastien

_._,_._,_