Re: 2021 production plans for the 1600GTO?

Brian McFarland

Hello Karen,

Thank you for the reply! I have to admit I'm a little surprised at all this.  I've shopped with OPT for years and always had good experiences, and they are a solid supporter of our local astronomy club and our outreach efforts.  Now it sounds like I unknowingly provided them with an interest-free loan!

Having said all that I'm inclined to let it ride, at least for now. I can always get a refund from them if things look like they're going south.  The timeline you describe is fine (I'm not in a huge hurry), and in fact prior to my "loan to OPT", I signed up on your website for notification to be added to the waiting list (I think that's what it's called). At any rate, I look forward to receiving and installing it in my observatory in the near future.

Thank you again,

Brian McFarland