Re: Problem with Mach2 #APCC #Absolute_Encoders #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

Yeah if it's too bright you wont see it. The read heads have an LED on them. Blue and green are good, yellow and red mean problem. Was hoping you could see that color. I can see the glow of it when it's dark enough.

Does sound like something is up with the encoder. Did you try reconnecting the motor cables?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of David Johnson <dajohns37@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 10:29 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Problem with Mach2 #Mach2GTO #APCC #Absolute_Encoders

Can't see anything, and it's not practical to cover it sufficiently where it is this time of day.  I'm not even sure where to look, since I've never noticed it before.

Playing with the mount further, it does look like the problem is with RA.  DEC values change as expected when slewing, but the RA value does not change when slewing E and W.