Re: Problem with Mach2 #APCC #Absolute_Encoders #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

Do you have a keypad to test?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of David Johnson <dajohns37@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 8:30 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Problem with Mach2 #Mach2GTO #APCC #Absolute_Encoders

I have a serious problem with my mount.  I imaged all last night, using APPM, with no apparent issues.  However, when I tried to do a Park 3 this morning, the mount acts like it is trying to Park, but it doesn't slew and apparently parks in place.  I have tried shutting down the computer and mount numerous times with no change.  The mount will connect to APCC, initialize, and manually slew using the arrows, but it won't do much else.  It will not park in any of the standard positions, acting as I described above, always parking in place.  Also, if I try to do a Home on the AE tab, it says that homing has failed.  It's obvious the mount doesn't know where it's pointing, because it says it's at a negative altitude, when the mount is clearly not.  Also, it says it's CW up, when it's clearly not.  The following may or may not be pertinent, but I figure it's better to give too much information than not enough to avoid back and forth.  The "ENC" button in the Telescope Position area is not lit.,  I'm getting time-out Comm error, although the fact that I am able to manually slew using the arrows shows that there is at least some communication between the mount and computer.  I'll make a zipped log file available as soon as I can get it transferred.