APPM requirements

Ted Mickle

I would appreciate some guidance on how to set up APPM. I have an AP 1100GTO on an ATS pier that has been stabilized with three ratchet ropes attached to steel anchors imbedded 4 inches into a concrete slab.

I keep the mount and TAK f/7.7 TOA 130 covered with Telegizmos 365 covers when not in use.

Is this a stable enough platform to build reliable pointing models?

If so, can a reliable pointing model be obtained with illumination from the moon?

What is the maximum focal length recommended for use with APPM?

Thanks for your assistance and guidance.

Ted