AP1600 - Intermittent Loss of Connection

Jack Huerkamp

I have my AP1600 with CP4 connected to the observatory computer using a Serial cable and USB to Serial adapter.  I use SkyTools to connect to and control the mount.  Occasionally I get an error indicating that connection to the mount has been lost.  I re-establish the connection and all is fine.
Would using a CAT5 or CAT6 connection from the CP4 to the computer provide a  more reliable connection to the mount?
Can I have the mount connected to the computer using both a CAT cable and a serial cable?
If so, which connection takes precedence?

Yours truly,

Jack Huerkamp