Re: APPM Attempt Failed - Clearly I am doing something wrong #APCC #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

The real question though -- is how critical focus needs to be for the point mapper to work accurately. I would suspect that it is not that critical and any drift in terms of focus during a run would have negligible impact on the results.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2021 3:21 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM Attempt Failed - Clearly I am doing something wrong #APCC #Mach2GTO

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 02:57 PM, Brian Valente wrote:
I'm pretty sure you would have to have an SGP sequence running (and be imaging) to have SGP do a timed autofocus run

Yes, that would be my opinion as well.  However, the APPM "Run" page does have a pause button so if you saw that focus was shifting, then you could potentially pause the mapping run, refocus and and then resume the mapping run.  I haven't tried this however.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/