Re: Help Parking AP 900 in TheSky #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Ray Gralak

Hi Bob,

Question remains: does the AP driver 5.30.10 (which I have still installed) provide an operational window for
tracking rates and park, including Park 4? In my restored TheSky, I still have only Park 1, 2 and 3.
Yes, the ASCOM driver has Park 4 and Park 5. However, by setting TheSky to use AP GTO Equatorial Mount, you have circumvented using the ASCOM driver. However, you could connect disconnect from TheSky and connect an ASCOM client application to the AP V2 ASCOM driver just to park your mount.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Gillette via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2021 11:08 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Help Parking AP 900 in TheSky #ASCOM_V2_Driver #ASCOM_V2_Driver

All, thank you fur your inputs. Problem now basically solved, and it was unrelated to Ray's AP driver.

In TheSky6 Settings, I had changed the mount chooser from AP GTO Equatorial Mount to Telescope API, at what I
took to be guidance from the ASCOM website. Have now changed chooser back to AP GTO, and the missing
options in TheSky6 -- setting tracking rates, park, and recalibration -- have now reappeared.

Question remains: does the AP driver 5.30.10 (which I have still installed) provide an operational window for
tracking rates and park, including Park 4? In my restored TheSky, I still have only Park 1, 2 and 3.

Bob

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.