Re: Starting with counterweight up in SGPro #Mach2GTO

Ray Gralak

I guess the more fundamental question is which does the Mach2 go to when asked to slew to these
positions where there are two choices? is it the nearest one?
If the East and West CW-up positions overlap and CW-UP is enabled for both sides, APCC will choose to stay on the current pier side.

When I ask SGPro to center on my target, how do I make sure it picks the CW up position?
You would have to map the East and West CW-up meridian limits to the same side of the pier.

Here is a short video where I show how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUj1WgFf3k

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Johnson
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 5:46 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Starting with counterweight up in SGPro #Mach2GTO

Now that I've gotten my pointing issue fixed (thank you for that), I want to try starting CW up tonight, and M104 is an
ideal candidate for this from my location. I do have a question about it. With meridian limits mapped out and
enabled, there are two possible ways to point at many places in the sky - counterweight down or counterweight up.
When I ask SGPro to center on my target, how do I make sure it picks the CW up position? I guess the more
fundamental question is which does the Mach2 go to when asked to slew to these positions where there are two
choices? is it the nearest one? I just want to avoid issues tonight. Thanks.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.