From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of dbrannan0523@...
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:05 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Pier for 1100GTO #Guiding

I have an 1100GTO mount on order and plan to house it in an observatory on permanent pier with imaging in mind.   I own an old AP 8" diameter portable pier.  Would anchoring this in concrete and filling the tube with sand be sufficiently stable or is there clear benefit in purchasing a heavier thicker permanent pier for best performance.  Any thoughts?