Re: Celestial Fireworks

Jeff B

Impressive side-by-side Mike.  Thanks!

Jeff

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 11:18 AM Mike Dodd <mike@...> wrote:
On 3/18/2021 10:33 AM, Ron Kramer wrote:
> the STUFF is there - I couldn't resist cleaning it up a bit.  Before and
> After.

In the "cleaning up" domain.... Back in October during the Mars
opposition, a friend told me about Topaz Labs DeNoise AI that removes
noise and sharpens images. <https://www.topazlabs.com/denoise-ai>

It works really great! I've attached a slit-screen grab showing a
portion of your image and a preview of what it would look like after
DeNoise AI did its magic.

Your image doesn't have much noise to start with, but DeNoise AI would
have slightly sharpened it and brought out a bit more detail. I've seen
it remove a LOT of noise in some of my images, and it always improves
the details.

It greatly improved my pathetic Mars images last fall.

Topaz Labs also sells Gigapixel AI to resize images, and Sharpen AI to
sharpen them. I have Gigapixel, but don't use it much because it takes a
LONG time. Just reducing a 4500x3500 image to 800x600 takes 10-15
minutes! I suspect it runs faster on "normal" (non-astro) photos.

Sharpen AI appears to be a new product, and I don't know anything more
than what's on the website.

Clear skies.

--- Mike